It’s January which means we want to eat clean!!
Yet it’s still winter, which means we also want ALLLLL the comfort food! 😉
This week’s meals are ALL about comfort food yet with a health twist (you CAN have clean comfort!)
I have a favorite here that I’m hoping you will want to try…but remember to comment below with which one you’d like the recipe for next week!
The most requested recipe from last week involves zucchini noodles smothered in a creamy avocado sauce and topped with zingy, tangy shrimp! Um, yes puh-lease!!!
CREAMY AVOCADO ZOODLES WITH CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP
- 2 avocados, peeled
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- small handful basil leaves (25ish leaves)
- 3 medium zucchinis
For the shrimp:
- 3 teaspoons chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 16 ounces medium shrimp, raw
For the zoodles:
- In a food processor, pulse the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil leaves until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a spiralizer, food processor, or julienne slicer to create zoodles from the zucchinis.
- In a large bowl, toss the zoodles with the sauce until they are coated.
For the shrimp:
- In a medium bowl, combine the chipotle powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Add the shrimp and toss until coated.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray, and heat over medium.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is opaque.
- Serve by placing the zoodles on each plate and topping with a few shrimp.
Thanks so much for reading!!
xo – Marion
Recipe and image is just one of many incredible dishes featured on dizzybusyandhungry