Do you have any rules for buying shoes? And what I mean by that, is do you run through a checklist of sorts in your mind when trying on a pair of shoes?
Maybe I’m weird (okay…so let’s just say there is a good chance 😉 ) but I sure do! Here is my mental checklist:
- Are they comfortable? Could I wear these around the block when walking to the wine bar? (serious question people!)
- If they aren’t super comfortable, are they AMAZING enough to be worth the discomfort?
- Does the price truly reflect how I feel about them??
- Do I have reasonable opportunities to wear them?
- Do they make me feel joy?
When I saw these Joie ankle wrap sandals I had an immediate visceral reaction…I LOVED them! It was like seeing someone else’s dinner entree come out of the kitchen and you stare at it in amazement as the waiter walks by your table and you don’t even care how much it is or what is in it…you know that you want to order THAT.
So I did. And I love them. And yes…they make it just fine to the wine bar 😉
xo – Marion
PS – It’s a good thing mommy lifts weights because this 3-year old is seriously getting heavy!! At what age do we stop carrying our kids? LOL!
all images by Alexis Arnold Photography